Say you are the owner of a retail business that deals in artificial jewelry. You have a brick and mortar shop in an Indian city, but also ship your products PAN India. A likely problem you might be facing? That not many customers are finding out about your business.
A good way to increase your reach, in this case, is to make use of the services of a digital marketing agency, or invest time in digital marketing yourself with the help of SEO, or search engine optimization!
SEO is an integral part of digital marketing, and it can give you the very x factor you need to stay ahead of the competition in the cutthroat business world of today.
So, what is the importance of SEO in digital marketing that gives you such an edge? Let’s find out!
What is SEO? What is the Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing?
To spread the word about your endeavor, there is a need to develop strategies that keep your content visible among users and improve user experience at the same time. One such technique is digital marketing with the help of SEO or “Search Engine Optimization”.
Search Engine Optimization means to enhance the quality and quantity of traffic to a specific web page from search engines. Here, the focus is on organic growth in traffic and not paid traffic which is being attracted to the web pages.
Continuing the previously used example, suppose a person is looking for a particular type of earrings and searches for it on a search engine like Google (image search also included). When you make use of a sound SEO strategy, your website and products can be discovered by the customer right away as they click on the ‘search’ option!
Source: Elements of digital marketing and SEO
What does a successful SEO strategy have?
Different types of SEO strategies that can be used by businesses to increase user traffic on their websites in order to build their brand and improve their site ranking. Some of these are:
- Keyword Search: You can do this yourself for your own business, or choose to hire a digital marketing and SEO expert who would know well how to go about analyzing the best keywords and identifying those used by competitors. The correct choice of keywords will be the first step in fetching your business website the right kind of audience who would be willing to buy your product or service.
- On Page Optimization: This includes activities like making sure that the website has all the relevant information, adequate density of keywords, and important tabs to increase user traffic and improve your brand’s visibility. Remember, the best content will not overdo the usage of keywords so as to increase readability.
- Off Page Optimization: Off-page optimization in SEO refers to the various techniques and activities which are performed outside of a website so as to improve search engine rankings and increase visibility for it on the web. Unlike on-page optimization, which involves optimizing the website itself, off-page optimization involves activities that are done on other websites or platforms to promote or build links to your website.
- Analytics: The use of appropriate tools for conducting analysis helps in gaining meaningful insights regarding the effectiveness of the digital marketing and SEO strategy, and in identifying which one works the best in driving maximum user traffic to your website.
You can look for SEO small tools on the internet for comprehensive instruments that assist in the streamlining of the digital marketing and SEO process for your business. However, it is recommended to borrow the services of a digital marketing company to achieve the best results.
Digital Marketing and SEO
Digital marketing and SEO are intertwined for various reasons, some of which are:
- SEO helps enterprises to improve their online visibility and reach a wider audience.
- SEO can increase the amount of organic (non-paid) traffic to a website, resulting in more leads, sales, and revenue.
- SEO can improve the user experience and usability of a website by making it way more user-friendly and easier to navigate.
- SEO can help a business build brand awareness and credibility, by improving the website’s search engine rankings and rendering it easier for users to find.
- SEO can be a cost-effective marketing strategy compared to most other forms of digital marketing, like paid advertising.
- SEO is a long-term investment which can have a lasting impact on a business’s online presence and visibility.
- SEO can help businesses to stay competitive in their industry, by ensuring that their website is optimized for search engines and is easily discoverable by potential customers.
- SEO can provide valuable insights into user behavior and preferences, by analyzing search data and identifying trends and patterns.
As mentioned before, you can hire the services of a digital marketing company that provides digital marketing as a service for appropriate SEO implementation.
To wrap up, in answer to the question of whether SEO should be used in digital marketing or not, it will be a big YES! The importance of SEO in digital marketing can not be overstated; the entire purpose of SEO is to reward your business with a higher search engine ranking and pull the attention of users towards your website which is the main crux of a pull strategy in digital marketing.
This is a highly profitable move for a business, as it results in increased revenue generation at a comparatively low cost. However, do remember that with every new invention or alterations in the search engine, this SEO strategy needs to be modified.
yMedia is a digital marketing agency that works as a one stop solution to all your content related problems. We are here to make sure that your brand is worth remembering to your target audience, so collaborate with us to establish a bold and effective identity via content today!